Zucchini is prevalent in the United Sates during the summer months and comes in abundance when it comes. The zucchini has a delicate flavor and requires little more than quick cooking with olive oil, with or without fresh herbs. This is a super easy recipe, and so tasty as side dish to any Mediterranean dish.
4 medium sized zucchini, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup fresh basil, stems removed
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
- Spray cooking spray on a large frying pan under high flame, and place as much zucchini as possible on the frying pan, laying flat.
- After approximately 5 minutes turn the zucchini over. The zucchini should be browned a bit. Let cook another 5 minutes.
- Place cooked zucchini into a mixing bowl.
- Keep on repeating steps 1 and 2 until all zucchini is cooked.
- In the meantime, pour all dressing ingredients into food processor and pulse till fine.
- Once all zucchini is cooked, pour dressing over the zucchini and mix well. Let stand for at least a half an hour to absorb the dressing. Can be served at room temperature.